We took Turner home (to the inlaws where we are staying) today. In all my life I don't think I've ever driven 10 miles an hour UNDER the speed limit - no matter what the speed limit may be. He's been awesome. He LOVES to eat and after Ash is done feeding him, I LOVE to hold him while he sleeps. It's what I do best with him. In case you didn't know, Ashley works as a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse so she knows a thing or two about newborn babies. Although they usually aren't as healthy as Turner is (thankfully). That makes me feel even more clueless, but most of the time thankful that she mom of our first born. She insist that she knows nothing of healthy babies and says that she is just as nervous around Turner as I am...she lies.
Actually, I'm not nervous as much as inexperienced. I'm not afraid to change diapers or burp the baby, I've just rarely done it and therefor would much rather have a trained professional around to tell me how to clean the cord and take care of the poor guy's penis that's been freshly wacked. That's where I know God has stepped into my life and given my Ashley. It's a perfect example of Him knowing how much I can handle.
I promised more pictures and I will deliver. I was going to make this cool Flash-based photo album but alas, I've spending my time doing other things. So here is a temporary link to some more pictures of Turner if you care to see them. And I know you do!
More pictures of Turner
Friday, April 08, 2005
It's the "little" things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ok, I'm a friend of Ashley's and after reading all of your "blog" stuff I can't turn off the waterworks. My little one will be one next month and I forget what's it's like to think about itfrom a father's perspective. Ya'll are awesome! Thanks for sharing your awesome sweet boy with us!
Sandy Leija
Post a Comment