I used to be cool. Hanging out till all hours of the night, partying with the boys, doing things that I would never post here. Then I got married. The partying slowed down to a crawl but there was still some craziness now and then. But now, this is what my life has become. Spending Saturdays taking pictures of the three moms and their kids and talking about how much this little girl pooped in the first month and how much this little boy loves his stuffed giraffe. "Oh, he wuvs it! Doesn't he! He wuvs his wittle giraffe!" It's not that I can blam these parents because I have now officially become one of them. And actually, I realized that even before we had Turner that these were just proud parents.They want to spread the joy to all the other people of the world. But as I crouched taking picture after picture I realized that my life is offically over. That's what people don't tell you when you're about to have a child. Sure they'd say "Oh boy, your life is going to change." And when your like me, the fun loving handsome type (ha) you think to yourself "but I'm still young! I've still got some partying left to do!" What people don't say is that the partying is over because you have a some thing at home that is more fun than anything. And I can't explain it. Turner is more fun. I'd have to admit that when I lived in Dallas I'd sometimes sit at home wondering if I was missing something. I was sure that one of my friends were going to call me in the morning and tell me about something and I'd be sorry that I stayed home with Ash to watch Extreme Home Makeover or something. But now, I KNOW that there is nothing better out there. I rush home for lunch now to see him. I'm upset when I leave in the morning for work and he's sleeping. It's been swell.
I used to be cool. But now I get to mold this little thing into something even cooler...if that's possible.
Monday, April 11, 2005
It starts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment