Saturday, November 26, 2005

Scary Scary


scaryscary, originally uploaded by gregring.

As a graphic artist I understand that the ultimate goal of most print ads is to make a person look at it. Sounds simple enough but to find just the right image/headline/typeface/direction/etc/etc/etc... can be difficult at times.

I.E. this ad/ads for the Christmas Carol. I've never seen a more scary ad in my life. Not only is that a horrible image (draw the devil horns on either picture. You'll see what I mean.) The fact that they put the same ad side by side (that's wheels off) makes this cute little boy look like those twins in Children of the Corn.

I'm burning this newspaper right now for fear of this kid coming to life in the middle of the night and me waking up with those eyes beaming back at me. UUAAAHHHJJJJYYUU.......just got the willies....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to get the willies; what do you expect from a play about a guy getting visited in the middle of the night by three ghosts?

Alex